Error Number 5

Discussion in 'General' started by L.B. LaForce, Jun 28, 2017.

1. L.B. LaForce

L.B. LaForce New Member

I havent had this issue come up before until the other week when I tried to use the SpotterNetwork software to report my position. It gives me the following error:

Error Number: 5 Invalid procedure call or argument in lblLat_Change

Any ideas on how to fix this so I can report my position on spotter network? Thanks

EDIT: Sorry, guess this should have been moved to the spotter network support section.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  2. John Wetter

John Wetter President, SpotterNetwork Spotter Network Board

Hi L. B.,
    Are you using the current version client on Windows? Also, are you using a manual position or a GPS position? This looks like a GPS position that is sending incorrect information, is the GPS sending NMEA data?

3. L.B. LaForce

L.B. LaForce New Member

John,

Yes, I am using the current version of the client on Windows. I am using a GPS position and I believe it's sending NMEA data (The coordinates update accordingly within the client as I move along). I have also tried entering a manual position and I get the same exact error along with this:

Error Number: 91 Object variable or With block variable not set in Stop_GPS
    Error Number: 5 Invalid procedure call or argument in lblLat_Change

I have tried this on two different computers (both running Windows 7 64-bit) which is strange, as both manual and auto GPS positions are giving the same error.

4. John Wetter

Can you copy and paste the log file output in here? Assuming there are no spaces in your spotter private ID, this is an odd error to be receiving.

5. L.B. LaForce

L.B. LaForce New Member

Hey John, sorry for the delay. I didn't receive a follow-up email notifying me you had responded back and then I had forgotten about it. I did fix the issue though. It was indeed a space in my username. When I copied my spotter ID over, it had a large space, maybe even a tab, which once pasted into the program looked normal, just 'right justified' in the box so I didn't think anything of it. I recopied it over and it works fine now.

Thanks for your help!

6. John Wetter

Good to hear, thanks!